From its roots in small-scale community-based rehabilitation for people with disabilities, CCBRT has grown to become Tanzania’s largest provider of disability and rehabilitation services. Through advocacy, training, and clinical service, we strive to empower people with disabilities and their families, improve their quality of life, and ensure access to medical and rehabilitative treatment. Recognising the critical relationship between quality accessible healthcare at birth and disability prevention, we also provide maternal and newborn healthcare services.
CCBRT’s vision is a Tanzania where people have access to quality disability services as well as safe maternal and newborn healthcare.
- Prevent disability
- Prevent maternal and neonatal mortality and morbidity
- Provide equitable access to affordable, quality medical and rehabilitative services
- Advocate and facilitate the inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of society, especially health, education, and employment
- Empower people with disabilities and their families
- Educate the community on the rights of people with disabilities
- Facilitate the inclusion of disability in mainstream services
- Build capacity in quality managerial, medical and rehabilitative services to sustainably strengthen Tanzania’s healthcare system